Are you looking for a secure source of fixed income for now or your future?
One solution is a charitable gift annuity. Simply make a gift to World Vision and receive payments for life, reduce your taxes, and bring lasting hope to children worldwide.
Charitable Gift Annuity
Stock or Cash
How a Charitable Gift Annuity Works
A charitable gift annuity is a contract between you and World Vision.
- You transfer cash or securities to World Vision.
- In exchange World Vision provides you with fixed payments for life.
- The fixed payments can be quite high depending on your age.
- After your lifetime, the remainder passes to World Vision, which uses the funds to help children around the world.
- Receive fixed payments for life.
- Secure an immediate income-tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
- Receive part of your payments tax free for a period of time.
- Reduce capital gains tax when funding your gift annuity with appreciated assets.
- Have the satisfaction of making a significant gift that benefits you now and World Vision later.
Note: Minimum age is 65. Currently, depending on your age, the payment rate can be as high at 9%.
Types of Assets You May Give
- If you decide to fund your gift annuity with cash, a significant portion of the annuity payment will be tax free.
- You may make a gift of your appreciated securities to fund a gift annuity and avoid a portion of the capital gains tax.
Start Receiving Payments Now with a Current Gift Annuity
If you desire current income, you may transfer property in exchange for our promise to pay you fixed income beginning as early as this year. You will receive a income tax charitable deduction this year for the value of your gift to World Vision.
Deferred Gift Annuity for Income at Future Date
Perhaps you are not ready to begin receiving income until a future date, such as when you retire. You can establish a deferred gift annuity now, receive a charitable income tax deduction this year and start receiving payments at a designated future time. Best of all, because you deferred your payments, your annual payment will be higher than with a current gift annuity. Contact us about flexible date options for your future income.
Contact Us for More Information
If you have any questions about making a charitable gift annuity, please click here to send us an email or call 1.800.426.5753.