Did you know that you can donate an appreciated asset such as stock or real estate to World Vision AND at the same time generate some cash for your own needs?
A Charitable Bargain Sale allows you to make a significant gift to World Vision while you realize part of the value of the asset as cash. Additionally, you recieve a charitable deduction and reduce capital gains liability on the donated appreciated asset.
How a Charitable Bargain Sale Works
- You sell World Vision your property for a price less than fair market value.
- You receive the cash from the sale and a charitable deduction for your gift to World Vision (the difference between the market value and purchase price).
- While you may owe some tax on the amount you receive from World Vision, the charitable deduction from your gift could offset your taxes this year.
If you are considering selling your property, a bargain sale will help you meet a variety of goals.
- Receive cash from the sale.
- Avoid capital gains tax on your charitable gift.
- Receive a charitable tax deduction that may reduce your tax bill this year.
- Help build a better world for children.
Contact Us for More Information
If you have any questions about making a bargain sale, please click here to send us an email or call 1.800.426.5753.