Simplify your charitable giving to World Vision and manage your contributions to projects and initiatives that bring fullness of life to children worldwide with the new World Vision donor advised fund (DAF).
A donor advised fund is like a charitable savings account. You give to a single fund and qualify for a tax deduction, without immediately having to choose the charities you want to support. You then recommend grants to support World Vision or other charitable organizations without having to retain records of separate contributions.
Features of the World Vision Donor Advised Fund
- Opening minimum contribution: $10,000
- Additional contributions minimum: $500
- Contribution methods: Check, credit/debit card*, online check, or securities
- Minimum grant: $250
- Non-activity reminders: If you haven’t made a distribution in 24 months, World Vision will contact you to ask for grant activity
- World Vision support: 10% of total distributions must be granted to World Vision
- Access to view and manage your account anytime through a convenient online platform
- Flexibility to select from 6 different investment options
*A 2.5% processing fee applies to gifts made by credit/debit card.
Why a DAF?
There are a number of benefits of opening a donor advised fund, including:
- You qualify for a federal income tax charitable deduction when you make a gift to the fund.
- You eliminate capital gains taxes when you use long-term appreciated assets.
- You don’t have to retain records for each contribution.
- Families can build a tradition of giving by involving children in the decisions about what grants to recommend.
You can also create a lasting legacy by naming your loved ones as your successor to continue to recommend grants to charitable organizations, or name World Vision to receive all or part of the account balance after your lifetime.
Open a World Vision Donor Advised Fund
Getting started with a new World Vision DAF is quick and easy. All you need to set up your account are:
- Your U.S. mailing address
- Your date of birth
- Contact information for each person listed on the account
FREE Guide to the World Vision Donor Advised Fund
See more details about how the World Vision donor advised fund makes supporting children easier than before. Plus, with our guide you’ll have all the information you need to create your account, establish your fund, and recommend grants.
This exclusive investment opportunity provides financial services to help families and communities break free from the cycle of poverty. By investing in the Microenterprise Development Fund (offered by VisionFund, World Vision’s microfinance subsidiary) vulnerable households gain access to credit, savings, and insurance products; and families are empowered to build their businesses and generate their own income.